It is a pronoun which has a variety of uses in English. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how to use it in English conversation and writing.
[content_band style=”color: #333;” bg_color=”#ffddea” border=”both”][container]
Do you have question about English? Are you confused about something in English? Just click the Ask me a question button on the left side of the screen and record your message. I’ll answer all voice messages in a future podcast![/container] [/content_band]
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I lost my book. Have you seen it?
- I was in a place called Soho. Have you ever heard of it?
- Star Wars is an amazing movie. I have seen it many times.
- It’s such a nice day today in New York.
- It is ten o’clock in the morning.
- It is usually cool in the evenings here.
- It will take up to six days to restore the power.
- It takes six hours to fly from New York to Los Angeles.
- How long does it take you to get to work?
- It is nice to meet you!
- It was good to see the family was safe after the storm.
- It was interesting to experience such a big storm.
- It was frightening hearing the wind last night.
- It is worth visiting Central Park if you come to NYC.
- It’s tough working without electric power.
Yesterday’s listening challenge answer:
- Michael saw a mime in front of the library this morning.
Today’s listening challenge:
- What happened to Jack?
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
[content_band style=”color: #333;” bg_color=”#ffddea” border=”both”][container]Are you enjoying these lessons? Please help me out by leaving a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Thanks![/container] [/content_band]
[content_band style=”color: #333;” bg_color=”#CCFFCC” border=”none”][container]