It is a useful pronoun in English because it can be used to talk about the weather, time, and distance. There are also some situations where we can use it to talk about people. For today’s English conversation, let’s have a look at using it.
[content_band style="color: #333;" bg_color="#ffddea" border="both"][container]Are you enjoying these lessons? Please help me out by leaving a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Thanks![/container] [/content_band]
Here are the example sentences:
- I lost my book. Have you seen it?
- I was in a place called Oyster Bay. Have you ever heard of it?
- Star Wars is an amazing movie. I have seen it many times.
- Anything tastes better deep fried, doesn’t it?
- I ate everything she served. It was delicious.
- Nothing happened yesterday, did it?
- It’s such a nice day today.
- It looks like rain. I’d better take my umbrella.
- It’s five o’clock. Let’s go home.
- What time is it?
- It’s three thousand miles from New York to California.
- Jane: Who’s on the phone?
- Jenny: It’s Ann. Do you want to talk to her?
- Look at that table over there! I think it’s Johnny Depp!
- “Do you have any more wine?” “I’m sorry, no. That’s it.”
- “Let’s see she said we will pass a brown house and then a white house and then see her house. That’s it! It’s next to the white house.
Yesterday’s listening challenge answer:
- The party Michael had for his friend turned out ok, even though there were some problems with the low turnout of people and the caterer didn’t deliver all of the food.
Today’s listening challenge:
- How did Michael find out about Oyster Bay?
- Does he like it there?
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
[content_band style="color: #333;" bg_color="#ffddea" border="both"][container]
Do you have question about English? Are you confused about something in English? Just click the Ask me a question button on the left side of the screen and record your message. I’ll answer all voice messages in a future podcast![/container] [/content_band]
Check out my eBooks & Paperbacks @ Amazon.com ►► Get my FREE iPhone / iPad APP ►► eBooks on iTunes ►► eBooks on Google Play ►► eBooks on Kobo for Sony Reader ►►