[x_video_embed no_container=”true”] [/x_video_embed]
The verb put is used in a number of phrasal verbs. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how you can use these verbs.
[content_band style=”color: #333;” bg_color=”#ffddea” border=”both”][container]Are you enjoying these lessons? Please help me out by leaving a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Thanks![/container] [/content_band]
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- My dog Happy could put away a whole chicken if I let her.
- How many slices of pizza can you put away?
- Jack always puts down his wife in front of others. He’s not nice.
- I can’t put her down. She’s perfect in my eyes.
- The picnic was put off for a week due to rain.
- We have to put off the meeting until Joe gets back from his business trip.
- Please don’t put on the air conditioner. We are trying to save power.
- Put on the lights…it’s getting dark outside.
- They are putting on the musical “Chicago” at the local dinner theater.
- Bon Jovi always puts on a good show.
- Please put out your cigarette before getting in the car.
- The firemen put out the fire in the barn.
- Apply put out the iPhone 6 this year.
- Do you think they will put out any more Harry Potter books?
- That new office building was put up in less than 6 months.
- They will put up a statue of Washington in the park next year.
- It is hard to put up with my dog’s strange personality.
- Jack quit his job because he couldn’t put up with the new boss.
Yesterday’s listening challenge answer:
- Jack paid much less for his bike than Jenny did!
Today’s listening challenge:
- What can Michael’s dog Happy put away easily, if he let her?
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
[content_band style=”color: #333;” bg_color=”#ffddea” border=”both”][container]
Do you have question about English? Are you confused about something in English? Just click the Ask me a question button on the left side of the screen and record your message. I’ll answer all voice messages in a future podcast![/container] [/content_band]