Posts tagged Business English
The back burner is the burner in the back of the stove. It doesn’t usually get used so much. So, when you put something on the back burner, something else has a higher priority. This is an idiom we can use in both business and in everyday life:
- I was called in to a meeting by my boss, so my work has to be put on the back burner.
- Sam got so busy travelling for work, he put going to the… gym on the back burner.
Have you put something on the back burner recently?
Hi Everyone! Welcome to another One-Point English Class from New York. Today I want to talk about the word Google. As you know, the word Google is the name of a company, and also that company’s very famous and popular product, the Google search engine. Did you know that in English, you can use the word Google as both a noun and a verb?
As a noun:
- I use Google every day.
- Let me check about New York on Google.
You can also use the word Google as a verb:
- I think I will google New York.
- If you like his music, why not google Justin Bieber?
I have a great idea..how about google “Happy English” and see what you can come up with.
Well, that is all the time for today. You can catch this lesson on YouTube as well! I hope you find it helpful. If you have a request for a one-point lesson, contact me, and I’ll make a lesson for you!