When you want to talk about usual or characteristic behavior, you can use will.
- A baby bird will leave its nest when it is able to fly.
- A dog will wag its tail when it is happy.
- A car will not stop as well in the rain as it will on a sunny day.
- Ice will melt if the temperature rises.
When you want to talk about usual or characteristic behavior in the past, you can use would.
- Before the invention of television, people would listen to radio dramas for entertainment.
- My grandfather would always tell us stories of his life as a boy in Italy.
- No matter what the occasion, my grandmother would never drink alcohol.
- When ever I needed help with my math homework, my mother would help me.
When you were a child, who would help you with your homework? Leave a message here and let me know.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them.
Thanks for studying today!